In just a few days, thousands of public health practitioners, students, scholars, and activists will descend on Denver, Colorado for APHA 2016. This year, your faithful co-editors will be there, live-tweeting about sessions! So be sure to follow @MedCareBloggers for real-time updates.
Here are just a few of the sessions we’re looking forward to this year:
- Student Mentoring: Sunday, 10-11:30 a.m., CCC 601/603
- Student Awards: Monday, 8:30-10 a.m., CCC 111
- Donabedian Award for Healthcare Quality – Dr. Christine Sinsky and Dr. Gordon Schiff: Monday, 12:30-2 p.m., CCC 113
- Special Invited Panel Session: The Childhood Roots of Health Inequity, Monday, 2:30-4 p.m., CCC 111
- An Evening with… Irene Aguilar, MD, Colorado State Senator (“My Life In Public Health”) and Viseltear Award Winner Michael Udell, author of “Race Unmasked”: Monday, 6-8:30 p.m., CCC Mile High Ballroom 1ABC
- Special Double Session with the Mental Health Section: Medicating Our Children’s Behavior, Tuesday, 12:30-2 and 2:30-4 p.m., CCC 111
- Plus panel discussions and poster sessions on healthcare quality, health disparities, vulnerable populations, care delivery, the Affordable Care Act, financial incentives, substance abuse, care coordination, jail and prison health, veterans’ health, primary care, geographic variations, pharmaceuticals, methods, prevention, and more!
For the complete program, visit the online schedule or view the electronic program! Or click here for a PDF of all Medical Care’s events and sessions. You can also download a PDF of our Section’s flyer with information about committee and business meetings.
We look forward to talking with many of you at the meeting! After Denver, watch for special posts about some of the sessions. Contact the editors if you’d like to share your thoughts before, during, or after the meeting.